Blah Blah

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Magical smiles

A beggar knocked on the window at a signal today. She had a small baby tied to her shoulder and resting on her waist. I usually I don’t trust these beggars with babies coz you never know if it’s stolen and if they are being used for begging.

This lady’s face was dark and sad, and she continuously stared at me through the glass. To really see if the baby was her, I tried to check their features, and they matched :-) There was a similarity in their faces. In fact the baby was smiling as she begged. It kept looking at her, and at every eye contact it smiled. Sweet smiling baby.

I gave her some money. Just before she would leave, I asked her to stay and took some pictures of her and the baby on my cell. I showed her the pictures and Look! Surprise! Her eyes sparkled and shined! She looked at her baby and showed the pic to him. I gave her few more coins. She left with a smile. I know the smile wasn’t for the coins.

***

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home