Blah Blah

Friday, June 22, 2007

something something

I remember. Megha, my childhood buddy came running to me and said a girl in the next building has died. A little girl, of our age probably, or I guess little younger.
I don’t remember any sadness but we both went rushing to see her... or probably to see how death looks.
We peeped in from the door. She was there on the floor, only her face uncovered. Megha and I stared at her for what seemed like a long time. I think I was trying to see if she’s really dead. For a moment I saw her head move slightly and we ran from there.

***

Nikhil’s mum had a diary. She would show it to me to show different songs she had copied down that used to be played on radio. It must be an old diary.
Along with each song she had very neatly written day, date and the colour of saree she wore for work that day.

***

In the rains we kids would see where most of the water flows down from the hill that was so close to my house.
I remember we called the muddy water chay – tea; and actually used to be so exhilarated to see so much chay flowing down the hill.
After we were back from getting drenched in the rain, all tired after building a dam or at least a bridge for the chay-water we would get spanked, and we would call it a Six :-) mum used to laugh while doing this. I din’t understand this one.
So like… she actually enjoyed that we tried to build a dam or a bridge and she knew she has to do her duty by letting us know that its kinda not cool to get drenched in rain.

***

Oh people come in varied colours!
When I feel down there are few who speak at length to me. Try to dig out, as if to understand the problems I have. I did get a feeling but wasn’t sure of it, I thought for a moment that they enjoy it secretly.
But now when I see them indifferent when I feel good, I’m sure that yes, they did enjoy my bit of problems.

***

There are voices in my head. They come somewhere from the right side. Too many voices, whispering, talking, shouting… a big commotion. Probably they are telling me something… I want to listen to them. Oh but this fan makes so much noise. Let me switch it off so I can hear clearly.
I donno what happened. I switch off the fan and the voices fade away; as if afraid that I’ll overhear them.

***

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home