Blah Blah

Friday, January 28, 2005

Only for ladies

Yesterday I caught the company bus just when it was moving. I got in and saw every seat occupied.
I stood alone.
2/3 guys came after me, went at the back side in the bus and vanished. Someone had already kept place for them.
The men whom I often talk to while travelling by the same bus just looked away. I din't wanna make them uncomfortable so I avoided eye contact and din't show that I had noticed them. I understand they must b above 40 and tired at the end of the day.

I couldn't help myself thinking what I wud've done if I was a guy. Well if I would've seen a girl standing I would've immidiately given her my seat. Emm.. if I was seating beside my girlfriend..? Well then too certainly I would've offered my seat. I wud think twice only if I'm physically unwell...

In Mumbai buses there are few seats resereved Only for ladies.
Yes they have to be reserved as no man really cares. The women have to stand in middle of the sticky crowd, being extremely careful that no one touches or pinches.
Few slimy men still manage to sit on the ladies seats and don't get up no matter how much you shout. At such times the bus conductor is a bit deaf and too busy punching tickets in the other side of the bus.
Sometimes some men are mentally unwell...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home